Wednesday 7 January 2015

NEW MUSIC IS REALLY SHIT, OR AM I OLD?




How bad is new music? Is it because I am getting old or is new music horrible? I love all music from every era but now! I like Mozart, Beethoven, Handel, Robert Johnson, Dean Martin, Johnny Cash (all time fave), Pink Floyd, the Beatles, the Eagles, Elvis Presley, Bob Marley,  the Prodigy, Nirvana, Guns N Roses (all time fave), Michael Jackson, Green Day, Iron Maiden, Eminem (all time fave), Immortal Technique, Tupac and loads more, but modern day POP music is honestly lame. It is not because I am getting old, is it?

Nicki Minaj? Justin Bieber? Beyonce? Jesse J? Katy Perry? One Direction? Olly Murs? I know lame music has always existed but surely this mainstream shit is the worst music that has been in the recorded history of music. I also know that somewhere among all the mass produced mainstream, corporate shit, like a diamond in the sewage, there must be something good, until I find it I will have to carry on listening to music from better times.

If the music industry is going to destroy your soul, corrupt your child and make a fortune from us all at the same time they should at least use talented people and good music to do so,  instead of this bunch of soulless, talent-less shit we have all over the charts, radio and YouTube today.

Who is watching and buying this shit? Have seen the view counts on YouTube? Gangnam Style has over two billion views, how the fuck and why have over two billion people watched that shit? No disrespect to the writers but Gangnam style is horrible, irritating and shit but also genius. I must be making the wrong kind of videos, why make political and mythological documentaries when I can just talk shit over a repetitive beat and have a load of pretty fake looking girls dancing around me? I do not blame PSY for making Gangnam style and I bet PSY are as stunned as anyone of the success and riches that Gangnam style has bought.

Gangnam style is just another example of the masses following ridiculous trends, I wish I thought of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment